About Me

Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is noone alive who is youer than you.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

El Dia de los Muertos

So as many people know, I love Spain and it's culture. Spanish is one of my favourite subjects in school, and lately, though unseasonably, I've become obsessed with "El Dia de los Muertos".

El Dia de los Muertos is a Spanish holiday celebrating the dead. They have parades, they dress up, make skulls out of sugar, and the God whom the festivities are dedicated to is a lonely dead woman named Catrina, it's just got me written all over it.

We watched a PowerPoint presentation on the festivities that go on in Spain and Central and Southern America during the holiday in Spanish class in November, and i kinda forgot about it until the past few weeks.

Anyway I've made a promise to myself to be at one of the parades in Spain or Latin America once I leave school.

Anyway, I've been bored and was looking at photos etc and decided to start drawing again.. So here is my depiction of Catrina, the 'Lady of the Dead'.

No comments:

Post a Comment