About Me

Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is noone alive who is youer than you.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Junk Kouture 2012 - Part 3

As I've posted about twice already, I entered the competition Junk Kouture this year, and designed a "Candy Man" inspired outfit out of plastic bags and the likes. Entry closed in mid February and the results came out on the 27th. The lists of students who got through was posted on the Junk Kouture Facebook, by the name of the outfit and the school they go to. Of course the name of my school was mixed up, and I thought I hadn't gotten through because Loreto Foxrock was not on the list. For some reason they had me down on the list as a student of Blackrock, a pretentious boys school. How pleasant.
Anyway the reason for this post is I qualified for the Leinster finals! I'll be showcasing my dress at the Junk Kouture Fashion Show on the 18th March (The day after Paddy's, GREAT) in the Crown Plaza Hotel in Blanchardstown, Dublin. A friend, Rachel Cody will be coming with myself and my model, Maria Browne, to do her make-up, and a friend of my Mother's will be doing her nails on the 16th! I'm so excited, tickets are €12.50 and it should be a great night!
Public voting begins on Monday 12th on the website, a link which I shall be spamming absolutely everywhere. My art teacher, lovely Ms Norton, is getting some of her younger students to make posters encouraging students to vote, and I'll be taking a trip down to my old primary school, Guardian Angels, later on in the week to try get the little ones to vote for me!
For now,
Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment